Special Edition Vehicles Firehawk | SS | WS6 | Berger | Blackbird | Comp T/A

PONTIAC 75th anniversary my way?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Default PONTIAC 75th anniversary my way?

Well finishing up the outside (still messing w/bay) I'm trying something different and have been told pushing it or getting gaudy (but I like) and thought about a tribute and packaging as PONTIAC 75th anniversary? maybe fake invoice,poster,1 of none have seen ws7,ws9 etc... so was just wondering? they did have option (RPO1sx) but believe only badge on pillar pc. also front bird lights up if haven't seen yet!
Attached Thumbnails PONTIAC 75th anniversary my way?-frt-angle-view-resize.jpg   PONTIAC 75th anniversary my way?-frt-view-resize.jpg   PONTIAC 75th anniversary my way?-rear-angle-view-resize.jpg   PONTIAC 75th anniversary my way?-rear-closeup-resize.jpg   PONTIAC 75th anniversary my way?-rear-lit-resize.jpg  

Old 06-07-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really nice setup.
There were actually two Trans Ams built with the 2001 Pontiac 75th Anniversary package, but neither were WS6 cars.
There was a proposed special WS6 "75th" that included dual stripes and special badging but it never went past the idea phase.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to hear more about the proposed 75th package. I have a thing for anniversary cars and am curious what they were thinking of doing?
Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I do remember I got the info from a News Release from GM media website back in 2000. It listed the options for the Firebird and the Formula and then mentioned the Trans Am as having the badging as well as Dual Sport Stripes and that never came to be for the Trans Am, not sure why.
I wish I had printed out the News Release on it but I checked through my records and it wasn't in there.

I then read in an issue of High Performance Pontiac that 2 Trans Am's were equipped with the 75th package. There were no details on what exactly that was and if it was just the badges stuck on the car by the dealer.

I went to GM Media and dug this up:

FOR RELEASE: March 13, 2001

CONTACT(S):
Dayna Hart, Pontiac-GMC Communications
(313) 667-4123

Pontiac To Celebrate Its 75th Anniversary With Spring Sales Event

DETROIT - For Pontiac, the year 2001 will be one to remember: the division is celebrating 75 years of driving excitement. To help commemorate Pontiac's 75 years, the division is having a special sales promotion to give consumers great deals on every model in the Pontiac lineup. The event begins March 15 and ends April 30, 2001, and will be communicated to consumers through TV, print, online, direct mail and dealer advertising channels.

Special Edition Vehicles: To commemorate this milestone, special option packages and 75th anniversary emblems will be available on all Pontiacs. These attractive vehicles are sure to be future collector's items. Aztek will participate by offering a no-cost Camping Package, a $195 value, throughout the promotion. The other Pontiac nameplates have assembled special option package discounts that range in value from $300 to $600 in customer savings.

Special Offers: The following lease and purchase incentives will be offered during the March 15 to April 30, 2001 period:

Enhanced 48-month lease offers for Grand Am, Grand Prix and Bonneville, includes waiving security deposit (available nation-wide) on Grand Prix and Grand Am only
Special 75th anniversary option package discounts on all Pontiac vehicles
0.9% financing for Montana
$1,000 customer cash, 5.9% rate and lease offers for Aztek
Customer cash on Sunfire, Grand Am and Grand Prix
$1,000 customer cash on Bonneville
New lease loyalty incentive
Television Advertising: All of Pontiac's 2001 advertising, including the spring sales promotion will include the 75th anniversary theme. Special offers for the Grand Am, Grand Prix, Aztek and Montana will be communicated to consumers beginning March 19 via national television commercials. In the spot, we see a woman and a Pontiac vehicle transform from the 1970's to present day. The woman is shown dressed in period clothing next to a Pontiac from the corresponding decade. At the end she's shown next to the vehicle being promoted and the special promotion price/offer is shown. The ad, created by Pontiac long-time advertising agency partner D'Arcy Worldwide uses innovative morphing technology to show the woman's changing clothing styles.

More information on Pontiac's 75th anniversary is available at www.pontiac75.com.

That was the only article I could find on the 75th anniversary package and, of course, the website no longer exists.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks and very interesting just attended a all PONTIAC show and found a 75th anniv. decal (1926-2001) that looks like the ones that was applied near targa strip.I'm not trying to pass off as one but more of what could of been. Looks like a nice collection of cars you have there!!!

Quick Reply: PONTIAC 75th anniversary my way?