Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3/LSX intake manifold question

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS3/LSX intake manifold question

I'm in the process of building (planning) a 427 LSX that will be fitted with a kenne bell supercharger. The supercharger unit's intake manifold is designed to fit an LS3 with stock LS3 heads (stock C6 corvette configuration).

If I fit my LSX block with a set of the LS3/LSX 6 bolt heads, should the manifold and blower mount right up? In other words, is there really any external block difference in that area between the aluminum LS3 block and the iron LSX block?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-16-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will bolt rite up...

Use GM lsx 6 bolts head gaskets, they are awesome, same head bolts etc, use ls3 rocker arms.... Just a personal respectful question, why not bore out to 4.185 and make a 440Ci na with ls7-6 bolts Mast performance cldr heads, and the camshaft for this application? Is what I'm doing rite now, 600 whp should be no problem, and is as much as can be put the ground on the streets any ways, i am going with e85 readily available in my area, and 13.5 comp, oh, by the way i am stepping down from a supercharged application because excessive power and unable to use, as often as i wanted, a centrifugal type thought, Good luck, and enjoy your project...