Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Need Some Quick Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Some Quick Help

Hey guys. Getting my engine back together The machine shop disassembled my old one and gave me all the bolts in a box .. now the new one is going back together and they need the cam plate bolts.. Can anyone snap a pic and measure one of there's if they have one out so i can dig through the box and get the 4 they need. Thanks alot!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

almost all the bolts are the same there are a couple that are longer for the appearient reasons, I'll look real quick,

Last edited by Steve68; 05-20-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are replacing your cam retainer plate with a new one you will need to order new bolts because the plate is made to accept counter sunk screws now. It is used for several engines and the new design was used for clearance on VVT engines. New style bolts look like this.

If you are reusing your old cam plate the bolts would be the same lenth but without a countersunk head.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the Stock Cam plate, After market cam but stock plate. i found 4 shorter ones so im guessing that all 4 go to the plate.. im tempted to just take them the box they gave me and say have at it!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NeXuS
This is the Stock Cam plate, After market cam but stock plate. i found 4 shorter ones so im guessing that all 4 go to the plate.. im tempted to just take them the box they gave me and say have at it!
it doesnt have to do with aftermarket. If you ordered a new one from GM to replace your old plate you will need to order the new counter sunk bolts. If you are re-using the plate that is in the engine now they will be standard head bolts.

Quick Reply: Need Some Quick Help