Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod shifting hard

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcleod shifting hard

ok i used to have a centerforce dfx with a ram 6 puck disk loved it but i wanted more life. so.

when i did my head swap i droped the eng out and put a (McLeod RACING 75223) btw i was a cheep *** and looked up each part and saved 200 bucks.

but now i cant get it to shift quick. i had to use a shim with my DFx and then used an adjustable master as well.

i have it adjusted fine but it does not seem to shift nice. its killing my ETs

i just replaced my syncos 3-5k b4 the clutch and it always worked nice.

i wanna know if any one has any thing going on like im having. and is any one having the clutch slip when u get a good shift in to 3rd or 4th gear
Old 05-23-2011, 12:25 PM
FormerVendor

What adjustable master cylinder are you using? Sounds like your not getting the release you need.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Billy M
What adjustable master cylinder are you using? Sounds like your not getting the release you need.
yes when i put it in one of the fingers was not quite right i had hoping once broken in it would work its way out.

im using my own. i re did the stock one and put a adjustable rod in.. i have moved it out a few times and does not seem to chang it much.... il pulling my trans back soon to fix my reverse pop out issue. if i rember ill take a pic if my finger is still bent....
Old 05-26-2011, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

If the finger is bent send it in and we'll take care of it. As far as the master cylinder is concernd I have found that the pressure plate that is in the 75223
kit releases the best with our large bore adjustable master cylinder P/N 139301.

Quick Reply: Mcleod shifting hard