Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rattling noise at speeds past 60

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise at speeds past 60

So I'm getting a slight rattle noise kinda quiet but I hear it think it could be my axle. If I go faster then 60 the noise does not increase but stays the same what should I do don't have money to get a 12 bolt it could be a heat shield or suspension but I don't know jacked the car up moved the tires no noise checked things n nothing?
Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Teching In

Checked the u joints they seemed good they are still the original ones thou only play I got from there is from the t56 but noise is in the back
Old 05-23-2011, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow.. lot's of words with no periods. (just busting your *****) I would start simple and go from there. It very well could be a heat shield. Get under the car and start banging around and see if you can narrow down where it's coming from. Hit on the exhaust and see if you can hear anything.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Teching In

The cats rattle a little bit but if I rev to where my rpms would be at 60 about 18-2000 rpms I don't hear the noise. I was thinking maybe it could be my axle bearings? Sorry yeah I get lazy typing from the iPhone lol.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Teching In

I pulled the spare tire out and pit some foam tape on the spots where the tire jack etc would rub n make noise and so far I think that fixed it. Hopefully that's all it was but now I want to save for a stronger axle for the long run