Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 stang ls build questions. Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 stang ls build questions. Help?

im building a 95 mustang with most likely a 4.8 5.3, but possibly 6.0 if i catch a good deal when im ready to buy a motor. I know pretty much everything i need and what i have to make so far. I only have a few questions. Will a truck oil pan hang to far down( aje kmember should be here tomorrow), and what to do for exhaust. I see a bunch of guys buying headers for the swap and having fitment problems, i have read and heard that 302 shorty headers with a lsx flange welded on will clear the steering. Can anyone confirm this. Also have seen that 2010 camaro manifold will clear? This was my car two years ago and the guy that bought bought it blew it up and sold it back to me for 900$ rolling chassis. Also does anyone know what is needed to make the ac work? the ac worked great two years ago when i sold it, just wondering what needs to be done to make it work with a lsx motor.
Attached Thumbnails 95 stang ls build questions. Help?-95-lsxstang.jpg  
Old 05-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Launching!

really? of all the lsx stang swaps out there no one can answer any of my questions?
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
Launching!

The Truck Pan sucks... I had it drove it with that pan , and swapped it out. Made me super nervous. I used the Dynatech's and Like them . They are no big money hedder , but think they fit better than the kooks from what I've seen. As Far as AC , It doesn't take much to make the clutch , and that all work. But the fittings , and what will be the harder part.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:13 PM
9 Second Club

I know that 351 headers with LS1 flanges work on the fox body.`I think on the SN95's you have a low and high pressure switch? I went to a hydralic hose place with the ford hoses and the chevy hoses and the correct lengths and had them make me knew ones. One end was chevy (comp) one end was Ford (condenser) and so on.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Thanx man. Im in desperate need of a fbody oilpanw/ pick up tube, and a fbody powersteering pump.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You're right, you want the F-body pan. It tucks up nice with the AJE setup.

I posted some pics a week or 2 ago with the 2010 camaro manifolds in my 95, they fit great, even with the stock steering shaft. I wouldn't run modified 302 headers, the primaries are pretty small.

I've got a set of modified ceramic coated BBK long tube headers for sale, they're 1.75" primaries. I bought them from a member here & wasn't sure if they were going to work for my application. I modded my motor mounts to set the engine back further than the typical AJE setup & as a result the drivers side doesn't fit, it hits the firewall. Here's the thread with them for sale.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ders-sale.html