Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Dual vette filter/regulators for boost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dual vette filter/regulators for boost?

I am planning a stock lq4 with ls6 cam project with a 76mm turbo. This engine will probably only see 10 lbs of boost. I have a custom tank with twin 255 pumps in it. I know that i could go with a boost referenced regulator, but didn't want that under the hood. I was thinking of having each pump feed its own vette fpr and tied together after the regulators feeding an 8an line to the engine. I have read that one pump and fpr will probably support this engine but I would rather be covered for expansion. Any reasons why this wouldn't work?
Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the vette filter/regulator references the atmosphere for pressure. you would be "losing" fuel pressure under boost. a very bad thing.
so for one thing your injectors would be "smaller"..
if nothing else, this HANDICAPS your ability to expand, not help.

I can understand the desire to not have the FPR under-hood, most people put it in places that make it stick out like a sore thumb... put the boost ref FPR on the frame rail (or other low, hidden place) and then run a short, small diameter vacuum line to the intake. shorter is better, but a couple feet is fine.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrDude_1
the vette filter/regulator references the atmosphere for pressure. you would be "losing" fuel pressure under boost. a very bad thing.
so for one thing your injectors would be "smaller"..
if nothing else, this HANDICAPS your ability to expand, not help.

I can understand the desire to not have the FPR under-hood, most people put it in places that make it stick out like a sore thumb... put the boost ref FPR on the frame rail (or other low, hidden place) and then run a short, small diameter vacuum line to the intake. shorter is better, but a couple feet is fine.
I agree...hide it somewhere but run a boost referenced regulator still...some people are very creative with hiding wiring and other stuff...just take a real careful look at your car's engine bay and maybe even put it up on a lift to find a place...I've been amazed how many things I've been able to hide in plain sight on cars.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depending on how close you moved the engine to the firewall, on a C10 you may be able to make a bracket and bolt it to the back of the head, above the bellhousing. you wouldnt be able to see it there.. the line would come from low off the frame, and you could easily run a line from there, up to the fuel rails.