LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Dumb question about brake pedal.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dumb question about brake pedal.

I looked under my dash today because my brake lights were sticking on and found the brake pedal was working its way loose from the master! Like nothing is actually securing it, I can just move the pedal or push rod to the side and completely disconnect the brake pedal. I didn't notice anything on the floor under the pedal so I was wondering what secures the two pieces together so I can get it fixed?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 AM
TECH Resident

sorry bout the dumb question, thought to look up a little higher at the clutch pedal and saw the weird little clip.....I have no idea where the one for the brake pedal went but at least I know what I'm looking for now.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:09 AM
Village Troll

Received 541 Likes on 391 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by nighthawk15
sorry bout the dumb question, thought to look up a little higher at the clutch pedal and saw the weird little clip.....I have no idea where the one for the brake pedal went but at least I know what I'm looking for now.
Chances are it's a common clip and is not discontinued like many f-body parts are and is readily available at a dealer. If you have the means, download the Camaro/Firebird parts manual. It should have the part number. The link I have to the manual is now broken so...
Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Believe it or not the fairly large dealer near my house didn't have one! Found one at a junk yard and got it fixed though