Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

No clutch pedal, replaced master... bled system, had clutch for a while, gone again?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 06:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No clutch pedal, replaced master... bled system, had clutch for a while, gone again?

Any ideas? Lost the clutch pedal prior and had to get it towed to the garage. Finally go a 01-02 Master into the car and bled it, felt like we had a pretty good pedal for a while. Let the car sit for about 30 minutes, and it was gone again.

Any ideas?

Reservoir is topped off and doesn't appear to be leaking fluid anywhere.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Default clutch pedal

Sounds like the slave? How did u bled the system??? If your really lucky you just didn't get all the air out.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any updates?
Old 06-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Yes, I've popped the (used 01-02 updated hydraulic w/ drill mod) master cylinder line out of the transmission and noticed that the end of the fitting had been damaged. I'm currently seeking a refund with the seller and looking for a different MC.

I am pretty confident the system was slowly leaking pressure from where this fitting is damaged after we had bled it, which is why we would have a clutch again for 30 min or so and be able to drive the car, then come back to nothing until being re-bled.
Attached Thumbnails No clutch pedal, replaced master... bled system, had clutch for a while, gone again?-imag0239.jpg  
Old 06-04-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ledesordre
Yes, I've popped the (used 01-02 updated hydraulic w/ drill mod) master cylinder line out of the transmission and noticed that the end of the fitting had been damaged. I'm currently seeking a refund with the seller and looking for a different MC.

I am pretty confident the system was slowly leaking pressure from where this fitting is damaged after we had bled it, which is why we would have a clutch again for 30 min or so and be able to drive the car, then come back to nothing until being re-bled.
OH yeah that will deff do it

Quick Reply: No clutch pedal, replaced master... bled system, had clutch for a while, gone again?