Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

Head Gasket and Fasteners for 08' 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Gasket and Fasteners for 08' 6.0

Getting ready to swap camshafts and put my engine back together and wanted to see if there is a general opinion on type of head gaskets to use and also on the head bolts? Engine is a standard bore 08' 6.0 with L92s, and VVT retained. I decided not to mill the heads b/c apparently PTV clearance is already pretty tight. Switching out to MAST Stage-II cam and planning to install the Comp phaser limiter. I was thinking that if nothing else I might could at least go with a slightly thinner gasket, but certainly not necessary.

I was a bit surprised when I searched over Summit, there are a lot of different gaskets listed...it seems most of my search results have pointed to just using stock cometics from GM Performance....is there a place recommended to buy them without going down to the local dealer? I know that the stock bolts are 1-time use as well, and some say to use the ARP bolts....however, same thing there....I'm finding a lot of different options when I look at places like Summit or Jegs....does anyone have a part number for the kit? Better yet, how about just using a new set of stock GM bolts on this? I've also seen that FelPro offers a set of Gen IV head bolts http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEL-ES72220/ has anyone used these or able to comment on them?

I'm ready to order this stuff and start going back together but just not sure exactly what to order and where to order it from.

TIA for any help!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:12 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unless you are doing something pretty crazy we usually go back in with the stock style gaskets. You will want to make sure you get the new generation head bolts, and a 6.2 gasket to match the heads you have. We offer these parts if you need them, feel free to call or PM me and we can get you a price.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply....I will give you a call today.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Talked to John at Texas Speed this afternoon....great guy to deal with, hooked me up with everything I was looking for and then some!

Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Head Gasket and Fasteners for 08' 6.0