Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Have a brand new set of Richmond 3.73's should I use them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a brand new set of Richmond 3.73's should I use them?

I'm replacing my rear 10 bolt gears, I'm noticing that people say richmonds are not quiet. I was looking for the rear to be quiet since the last set of gears were loud from day one there install. Is there advantages to richmonds or should I send them back before I open them and get something else.Who makes a good quality gear that has a history of running quiet? How do Rhichmonds"like" to be set up as far as backlash.Thanks.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramairbird
I'm replacing my rear 10 bolt gears, I'm noticing that people say richmonds are not quiet. I was looking for the rear to be quiet since the last set of gears were loud from day one there install. Is there advantages to richmonds or should I send them back before I open them and get something else.Who makes a good quality gear that has a history of running quiet? How do Rhichmonds"like" to be set up as far as backlash.Thanks.
Richmonds are going to be on the louder side because they are made from a harder/stronger metal. If they are set up right they shouldn't be unbearably loud though. I wanted a quiet rear so I bought a set of NOS gm gears when I did mine and they are silent. I found my set of gears on ebay for $150 but you may not have that luck so I would look at either AAM gears which is who makes the oem gears or you may be able to find SLP branded gears which are made by AAM as well.