Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

E85 in Mild NA Applications tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 02:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E85 in Mild NA Applications tuning

Alright I have been searching so I apologize if someone finds a better thread than me. Runn's thread is a great starting point but as with everything there is conflicting information and well... I would like to see if we have any NA E85 guys who can help. I have sent a few PM's hoping to get some help but we shall see what happens.

At this time I have an 01 C5, BK SSI, Milled 243's, 42lb Injectors and Exhaust. Nothing major but the next purchase is a LQ9 bottom end and then choosing the right cam. For the next year+ my goal is a higher compression 6L and then deciding if I go FI or Nitrous.
I want to start playing with E85 now when its not going to be as hazards just to get used to it.

Basically at this point I am looking for straight answers in terms of timing, fuel changes etc.

My fuel seems ok and I am not pulling knock. I found reports saying add 4* to 5* of timing but it does not say if its across the board, high, low progressive etc.
I would love some input there as I have no problem admitting I am unsure myself and this was why I wanted to start early on with it.

I am open to any suggestions with getting this really dialed in.

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 02 Z06 and have been tuning it for E85. The biggest change you need is 30-40 % more fuel volume and people choose to do it different ways. After research I took the easiest path and installed a Racetronix FP hotwire and recently a KB BAP (boost a pump) because the IDC where showing 94-100% stock on gas.
If your gas tune is good there wont be many changes needed to start tuning. Tming will not change drastically but it is a really good idea to tune using a WB and logging KR and IDC.
Hope this helps you if you decide to start the tuning.

Carlos