Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How easy is it to install a LL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How easy is it to install a LL?

I'm thinking of buying the Hurst Line Lock with the TR install kit. Seems like a good deal. I heard SLP was cheaper but didn't come with prebent lines? Is this true? Also, how hard is this to install myself? I did my own headers, and brake rotors, pads etc, but this is a little different. Is this something I could do myself or even with an extra pair of hands? Or should I take it to an "expert" to do it??

If anyone suggests doing it myself, do you have any tips?

Thanks!!

T
Old 02-25-2004, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

the SLP has pre-bent lines also... comes with wiring and a switch also... I've installed one, VERY simple. just avoid getting any air into the ABS block, and be sure to bleed the brakes once you are done..... oh, you might also want to grab some of those wrenches that are meant for brake lines and such, can't remember what they are called at the moment, but they are closed on all but one side of the nut, helps reduce the chance of stripping it, so you have to slip it over the tubing, and the slide it onto the nut.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

flare nut wrenches
Old 02-26-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Actually, does anyone know what size flare wrench(es) are needed to install the Thunder kit? I wanted to use the flare wrenches too as I hear its very easy to strip the nuts with an open ended wrench.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

12mm Flare nut wrench will remove the stock nuts. You can use the same wrench for our kits also for attaching at the same points.

We've got three different types of kits that include all parts necessary for a direct bolt on including pre-formed lines, directions, master arm switch, Master LED indicator, and control switch, wiring, etc etc.

Our kits are VERY competitively priced and give the user the option to choose whichever line lock solenoid he/she chooses. 114.99, 169.99 and 189.99 SHIPPED prices. The main differences in all three kits are from an esthetic standpoint.

If your looking for the best bang for the buck, the LS1-B001 kit at 114.99 shipped is your best option. Unlike a competitors similar kit, this kit includes (as our other kits), a Master arm switch AND LED indicator which notifies the user the circuit is active so that there is not an incidental activation of the line lock solenoid.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Quick Reply: How easy is it to install a LL?