Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST102 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAST102 Intake

Hello all,

So I have a forged motor, blower cam, YSI setup with supporting mods on my 06 Z06. We decided to pulley down for more boost and let her rip. Well the FAST102 intake is leaking and not holding the boost (15#s). I have had this intake for about a year or so running less boost. The shop said the intake would need to be replaced. Has anyone had problems with the FAST holding up under higher boost levels? BTW, FAST told the shop owner basically I am SOL. At this point I am not very happy with there support.

Thanks
Old 06-08-2011, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where is it leaking from?? Did you call and talk to FAST / Comp about it. Maybe there is something they can do, just call them your self, you will probably end up with better service.

If its leaking between the top shell and the base, if you are willing to try it, you could try to epoxy them together. Do it right cuz you will only get one chance.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys have pulled them apart and sealed the upper and lower with RTV or something similar. Plastic expoxy etc might work. Have you replaced the inlet runner seals? The MAP sensor might be blowing loose. I'm sure you can make it work.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

i remember reading somewhere that your supposed to rtv the rear of the intake manifold before install.