Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Water on my Drivers side floor

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water on my Drivers side floor

Alright guys I seem to be having a problem with my camaro. It seems like everytime it rains or I wash my car, I get a puddle of water on the drivers side. Now i thought it could be the firewall or something, but it seems like water is building up underneath my carpet. I am completely lost on what this could be. I have tired researching and no one seems to have a clue as to what it can be. Also if anyone local to Chicago is good at body work and wouldnt mind taking a look I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks Alot guys!!

JacobK
Old 06-09-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JacobK
Alright guys I seem to be having a problem with my camaro. It seems like everytime it rains or I wash my car, I get a puddle of water on the drivers side. Now i thought it could be the firewall or something, but it seems like water is building up underneath my carpet. I am completely lost on what this could be. I have tired researching and no one seems to have a clue as to what it can be. Also if anyone local to Chicago is good at body work and wouldnt mind taking a look I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks Alot guys!!

JacobK
Literally just realized the same thing today when I washed my car.. Damnit. Going to try and trace it once it rains...
Old 06-09-2011, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

might want to have someone run a hose all over the car while you sit inside. this may help you track down atleast a general direction in which to look for a hole. could be t-tops leaking down the a-pilliar, something from the cowl and behid the dash or a hole in the firewall. just guessing and hope im some hope
Old 06-11-2011, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JacobK

JacobK
im a body man, live in cicero work in the city, but i see your close to me anyways ill look at it, but if ya want it fixed then we can go from there
contact me for my number
Old 06-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by doublea87
might want to have someone run a hose all over the car while you sit inside. this may help you track down atleast a general direction in which to look for a hole. could be t-tops leaking down the a-pilliar, something from the cowl and behid the dash or a hole in the firewall. just guessing and hope im some hope
Doublea87 is rite!!
Its coming from the t-top it's leaking down behide the a-piller.Just pull the cover should be a nice little stream trail ....
The same thing happen to me,drove me crazy for 2 months....
Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by kornboy
Doublea87 is rite!!
Its coming from the t-top it's leaking down behide the a-piller.Just pull the cover should be a nice little stream trail ....
The same thing happen to me,drove me crazy for 2 months....
Damn. You guys were right..That ended up being the source for my leak.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:39 PM
On The Tree

glad i coud be of some kind of help

Quick Reply: Water on my Drivers side floor