Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to switch LM2 Resonator with actual muffler...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want to switch LM2 Resonator with actual muffler...

So lets start out with what I have and go to what I want.

Right now I have 1 3/4 inch stainless longtubes with a ORY pipe. After the ORY pipe it goes into a cutout, then through the LM2 resonator and over the axle to the 2.5 inch outlets. For those of you that have heard a setup like this it is loud as hell.

Basically all that I want to do is take every thing over the axle off, which I already did and replace the SLP resonator with a actual muffler. Then after the muffler put a turn down right before the rear end.

What I need from the LS1tech group is suggestions on bullet mufflers that would work and be actual mufflers and not resonators. That's all I'm finding right now is resonators and I want a actual muffler... The dimensions right now are a 3 inch inlet and outlet. the actual resonator length with out the openings is around 14 inch and the actual resonator is around 4 inches in diameter.

If anyone knows of anything that would work that would be great.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You wouldnt be able to fit a muff under the car, that is worth having...with that said, I would look into a Hooker MaxFlow or Aerochamber muffler.

I ran a MaxFlow with a 3"Dynomax bullet and it was very quiet with the stock cats/manifolds. I am doing LTs/ORY now and will be running a 3" Dynomax and the 3" Hooker MaxFlow muffler, which I imagine will sound awesome without any power loss.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

These are all 4" dia. case mufflers, no clearance issues.
Magnaflow#11419(($78,I ran this), SLP #31067($100), Moroso Spiral flow # 94055($102)

You can run a 5" dia. case muffler, but you'll want to slightly clearance the passenger side where the I-pipe fits so you can tuck it up better.
Magnaflow#12867($93,what I'm running), or a Borla XR-1 #400859($116)

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 06-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Want to switch LM2 Resonator with actual muffler...