General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

3rd wire with battery wire loom?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd wire with battery wire loom?

Okay, I feel stupid for even asking this but for the life of me I can't remember where this wire goes. In with the two cables that go to the battery, there is a third cable in the same loom. It is black and has a ring terminal on the end of it. It is about the same gauge as the battery cables.
Where does this cable go to? I disconnected everything when I pulled the motor and can't remember where the hell I pulled this from!! If anyone has a picture of where this goes that would be awesome Thanks guys!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Bueller? If someone could just go look and see where this wire runs that would be great
Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you could post a picture, that would be good. I actually have that same wire and completely forgot where it came from so I just have it hanging lose. Doesn't seem to be hurting anything. I think its actually probably just a ground for an aftermarket sound system that some PO has taken out.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Reading up it is actually a chassis ground. Just not sure where exactly on the chassis it grounds. I currently have to grounded to a bolt near the shock tower but I believe it is supposed to go elsewhere.