Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone use a Fed-ex Account?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone use a Fed-ex Account?

Ive been shipping fed-ex for the last 6 months or so on this account. I finally got to the point where im budgeting that particular card just for shipping... so instead of making an arbitrary lump payment, ive been paying the exact amount i spend on shipping. After 2 months ive noticed the amount i owe is significantly greater then the amount im putting in based off the reciepts.

Scratching my head I finally start going through the reciepts one by one (i keep them just incase theres an issue with shipping). Looking over the reciepts im being charged, on several dozens items ive shipped, anywhere from 20% to 300% MORE then the amount on my reciept. Interesting...

So I call Fed-ex... I get passed around several times and finally get to a lady in ground shipping. Shes telling me that all of the reciepts I have are "Estimates", and what i was charged on my account is the "Actual Cost." Then she says, "If you want, you can fax in the reciepts and ask to be credited back for the difference... but its not likely."

Now dont get me wrong, I love Fed-ex shipping... but this is insane. What is the difference between me walking in with cash and paying for an item on a credit card? Apparently she is telling me that it means they can charge me whatever they want.

Has anyone else gone through their reciepts to see if they match what they are being charged on their account? I STRONGLY recommend it! Let me know what you find.

Ill keep you guys updated with what they say.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with you 100%, its just wrong on many levels and I would be pissed.

But I doubt they would be doing it unless they had some written document (like on the address label you fill out or receipt) that supports the charges.

I would go through the dispute process and start using cash (or UPS/USPS).

I would also dispute the charges with my credit card company based on the fact your receipt differs from the charge. That may be your best bet at getting the money back. If it does not state on your receipt that it is an estimate, I do not see why you would not get your money back.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is true, the price they give u is an estimate, lets say they quote you 50 bux, once the package gets to the terminal it gets checked and weight to make sure you as the shipper is not lieing about how much the box actually weights, if u lied about it they will adjust it and chanrge u the corrrect price for the actual package size weight demensions and all that other bull ****.... they do whats called SWAK the package to make sure you guys as the shippers arent bullshitting.... i know since im a contractor there.... a lot of people lie this is why they do it, sometimes the shipper gets lucky and we dont catch the lie, there have been times when im getting off the truck to deliver a package and the box weights close to 75lbs but the bar code actually reads it weights 15lbs hahaha i start laughing cus i know these people are bull shitting, anyways good luck with ur problem and yes its better to go to an actual fedex office and pay for the actual package instead of having an account
Old 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

59 camaro... i understand what your saying and im OK with that, if your doing pickup.

But I drop ALL of my packages off at the Fed-ex locations. So all of the weights and dimensions are done by Fed-ex employees... not me. And i find it interesting, if they are estimates, that all of them are over by 20-300%, except 1... and its UNDER by $.10. Haha. If it was a wash, or even within $1 or $2 per item, id be ok with that. But when my recipt says $12.35, and they charge me $38.17. Thats HUGE...

I even talked to one of the managers yesterday when I was dropping off more stuff and she told me the price on my reciept is the actual price, and she would be happy to file the claims for me. So if I cant do it over the phone, im going to drop off the stack of reciepts and let them deal with it. Just sucks that im going to have to watch EVERY transaction now.

Last edited by xxrillixx; 06-23-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just get a ups account. Fedex is alot more then ups when you have a account, or atleast in my case it is.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DHL was pulling the same **** with me back when I lived in San Diego back in 05-06. That stopped as soon as the first invoice hit my credit card. I never shipped with them since.

Quick Reply: Anyone use a Fed-ex Account?