Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous LS1

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous LS1

Im looking for a nitrous system for my car but i know nothing about nitous systems (what i need/dont need, what's safe/unsafe). I see a lot of people selling various parts to nitrous systems and i want to have the most simple system possible. im not racing the car bc i have no room to go fast but on occasion i am at a light with some spoild brat in his dad's car and they **** with me. I win most of the time (except for the Farrari 458 Italia the other day) but not by a lot and they never stop bothering me after haha.
I have an LS1 with the SLP loudmouth and SLP Coldair and a hypertech programmer. I dont want to roast the engine with nitrous but maybe a 100hp. please help
Old 06-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

You will want more than a basic system. There are some safety items that will really help you keep the car safe.

If you want a budget friendly option for a 100hp, but still have everything you need and be safe, check out these part numbers.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...3&product=2891

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...6&product=3604

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...6&product=3604

This will get you all the components for a safe, well performing system.

This system once installed, will be as simple as arming the system and heater. Then your a WOT blast away from a 400+hp ride with the 100hp jets in it.

If you have any specific questions about the parts or your setup in general, please post them or give me a call.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Ok i'll check those out but do i have to tap the nitrous into the intake manifold? can the manifold handle the pressure/stress?

Last edited by Crash7557; 06-25-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

I personally like the looks and ease of install...I would recommend the Nitrous Outlet (Nitro Dave's) plate system.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

i just looked at the 78mm EFI plate system and i like what i see! I figure as long as i have the right safety measures in place, i can frankinstein up a nitrous setup buying the parts used in the classifieds.
10lb bottle and regulator, EFI plate, Solonoid and switch, and AN hosing/conectors.
thats basically it tho right? hope im not missing anything major