Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

pinion angle?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pinion angle?

I ran my car the other night at a local 1/8th mile and never got a consistant 60'. It spun most of the passes and the ones it didnt I came out soft. My question is if I had to much pinion angle would it cause it the wheel hop and spin? Ive read several different ways to set up pinion angle and the way I was told looks like I had about -8 degrees way to much. My car is lowered with adj torque arm and torque arm relocation brkt. It also has LCA and LCA relocation brkts plus a adj pan hard bar. My best time was a 7.30 with a 1.58 60' @ 95mph. Also I bought a set of the goodyear dragradials and tried them out.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Where is the front of the torque arm set? What shocks do you have front and rear and what are they set at? Which hole do you have the rear lower control arms set at on the relocation brackets? What kind of power and transmsiion combination are you using? Unless we have some details it is really hard to help you out, give us some more info.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 06-27-2011, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Where is the front of the torque arm set? What shocks do you have front and rear and what are they set at? Which hole do you have the rear lower control arms set at on the relocation brackets? What kind of power and transmsiion combination are you using? Unless we have some details it is really hard to help you out, give us some more info.
sorry ok I have the bmr track-pack, spohn rectangular LCA's, spohn weld in relocation brks and they set on the bottom hole, BMR weld in SFC's, and BMR adj pan hard bar. It has the eibach pro kit with stock shocks. 347 small cam with some hand ported 5.3 heads. 4L60E with a yank pt4000. Hope I didnt leave anything out. Thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

What kind of tire pressure are you running in the tires? How much power do you think the car puts down to the ground? That 1.58 60 ft time really isnt all that bad for the mods you have and considering you are probably only putting down 400hp to the tires max.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
What kind of tire pressure are you running in the tires? How much power do you think the car puts down to the ground? That 1.58 60 ft time really isnt all that bad for the mods you have and considering you are probably only putting down 400hp to the tires max.
Tire pressure was around 15lbs and yea I figured around 400. 60 foot wasnt bad it was just inconsistant. Couldve been track prep but didnt really see any of the street cars with drag radials spin.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:27 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

You may want play with the tire pressure a bit I know the M/T drag radials like to have the pressure generally between 18psi and 21psi. I would make another trip to the track and see what kind of times you run because it sounds like the track could be the problem. If you wanted to you could also move the rear lower control arms up one hole on the relocation brackets which will hit the tire a little softer but with the power you are making the lowest hole should work just fine.

Quick Reply: pinion angle?