Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do you guys run the nitrous line to a mech. nitrous gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 02:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how do you guys run the nitrous line to a mech. nitrous gauge?

I was wondering how you guys configure your setups with a mechanical nitrous pressure gauge? I have lots of n20 line lying around from various transactions and I was thinking of using this one really short one (about 4-5 inches) and attatch that to the bottle and use a -4 AN Tee and have one line go to the gauge and ofcourse the other is the main feedline. it's on my nos 5177 kit. Is the Tee going to be too restrictive? Should i get some kind of Y fitting for this or what?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A "T" fitting at the silinoid .That will give you a more reliable reading.Because that is the pressure that is going in the motor. The gauge should have a restictor "an-4" fitting ,it will have a very small hole in it . You want your gauge to come up slowly so the rapid flow of nitrous 1100 psi will not blow the gauge in your face.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it has the restrictor fitting and all... So I am supposed to run a n20 line all the way from radiator (where 'noids mount) back inside the cab and up the a-pillar, seems a little unneccessary to me. Don't you just measure the pressure when the valve on the bottle is open and spray when it gets to the right presure??? I am new to the gas so i may be missing something??