Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch, issue?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch, issue?

Before i took the car apart before winter i had a odd grinding issue .

If the car was in gear, but i was still riding the clutch/slipping it to go, depending on how much throttle i gave id feel a grinding.

I had the tranny apart recently and replaced that badly worn clutch/pressure plate and pilot bushing.

Should i be worried,or is there something else i should be concerning myself with?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
FormerVendor

It depends on the actual cause of the issue. If the car is re-assembled and being driven is the noise occuring now? Did you notice any issue with the parts you replaced recently? Having a bit more info would be ideal. Let me know and I will be happy to assist you with further tech support. Thanks,
Old 06-28-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
It depends on the actual cause of the issue. If the car is re-assembled and being driven is the noise occuring now? Did you notice any issue with the parts you replaced recently? Having a bit more info would be ideal. Let me know and I will be happy to assist you with further tech support. Thanks,
Not sure on the cause of the noise. The car is almost re assembled, but not running quite yet. This was a issue i had last year right before i parked it and took it apart.

The old pressure plate was warped all to hell, the old clutch was worn a fair bit. Both of those were replaced with a comp.clutch stage 2 kit. Pilot bushing was changed out.

I did notice minimal wear on the fork, but not enough to look like i should worry. Im more or less asking if there is anything else that could be the root of the noise and something that would possibly save me time having to pull the tranny again later.

Thanks
Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 PM
FormerVendor

If the sound was originating inside the transmission then you would not see evidence of it in the bell-housing. In other words, while you have the trans out, and since you have found no evidence of an issue inside the bell, it may be worth having the transmission looked at too.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I honestly cant even remember if i was feeling it in the clutch or my shifter now. BAH. It didnt start doing it till the clutch was pretty much gone after i had slipped it bad attempting to light em up a few times.

Poo.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Well, then I guess you can reassemble it and go from there...and hopefully the problem will be remedied! Let me know if it isn't. Thanks,

Quick Reply: Clutch, issue?