Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is this?

can anybody tell me what this thing is? its on the driver's side by the fuel rail towards the back. i'm putting an ls1 in my s10 and i had a wiring harness made for it and there was no connector for this thing. i talked to a few friends who have ls1's and they don't have it. it has 2 vacume lines coming from it. one goes to the rear of the intake manifold, and the other i don't know where it goes.
Attached Thumbnails what is this?-back-rail.jpg  
Old 02-28-2004, 11:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedSpeck09
can anybody tell me what this thing is? its on the driver's side by the fuel rail towards the back. i'm putting an ls1 in my s10 and i had a wiring harness made for it and there was no connector for this thing. i talked to a few friends who have ls1's and they don't have it. it has 2 vacume lines coming from it. one goes to the rear of the intake manifold, and the other i don't know where it goes.
it looks like a vaccume valve, maybe to the fuel pressure reg.
kinda hard to see what is around it.
what did it come out of?
Old 02-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

its a 2000 ls1 out of a trans am. i'll try to get a better pic of it in a couple minutes.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

isn't that for the air pump sol. The 2001 and up have them in the back of the manifold where mine is mounted down by the air motor.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is part of the AIR system on 2000 and up cars. The small vacuum line goes to the diverter valve mounted on the back of the drivers side head. If you are not going to be using the AIR pump and AIR tubes on the exhausr manifolds, just take that off and toss it.