Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

readiness monitors

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default readiness monitors

alright my problem is this. The car currently has 250 miles of driving on it. Readiness monitors for the 02 sensors still reading not ready. Same issue I had last year when trying to get my car inspected. I was advised to get them tuned out but where in NYC can I get this done? also how much do they charge for me to get that done? any fellow New Yorkers have a hypertech programmer and would like to help me out? I have until Thursday until i run into some real issues. Otherwise these untrustworthy mechanics are gunna try to make me buy new sensors etc. Any help much appreciated. I also want to add thats it a rebuilt ls1 in my car not the stock motor. Could this be causing it and what shops here in NYC can tune out the 02 sensors otherwise I am going to have to pay someone off for a sticker. Trying to keep it legal here.

Last edited by 98FoRmULa_BiRd; 07-05-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Internet Mechanic

Check the sponsor list, or search google for performance shops that can do LSx tuning.

As for the monitors, it could be a actual problem. You do need so many drive cycle to get monitors to set. IF there is a SES light showing a DTC then it needs to be resolved.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Launching!

No lights showing or ever showing last year I put 3k miles on her n still got not ready. Im running out of options and time...Meter maids ticket me 75 a day n I only got til thursday. Could it be something dumb like a fuse? or should I just tune it out. Its a rebuilt jasper ls1 stock. this issue has been drivin me nuts.