General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

TA Window Motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool TA Window Motor

I have a 99 TA. Do the power window motors die often? Are there instructions on how to remove door panel, remove and reinstall the window motor, etc?
Thanks ...
Old 07-05-2011, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Yes they die more often than other cars because of the massive windows and sub-par motors.
Yes there are several write-ups to replace them.
Here is one: http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
Old 07-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

They goo all the time just changed one on my brothers lt1 camaro we had to take apart the whole door. Pretty simple though..
Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DONT replace JUST the motor. ALWAYS do the motor and regulator together and try your best to get the correct rivets from the dealer (most are too long, too short, too narrow, etc). Nuts, bolts, and washers can work but can be a pain to get to from inside the door.

ALWAYs replace the regulator with the motor its so easy once you do one. No messing with the spring or drilling holes in the door to get to the motor rivets. Just support the window, unplug the window motor connector, unbolt the slide closest to the rear of the door, and drill out the 4 rivets holding the regulator onto the door. Slides right out. At my work it pays 1.5 hours I do them in 45 min tops.