Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch draggin issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch draggin issue

I have had this problem before and all I did was flush and rebleed the hydraulics and everything worked great. Two days ago I dropped the trans to put in a new no walk bushing that walk/ knocked out because of a driveshaft that was to short not realizing I need a longer one for a 9in and the shop that built it didn' inform me. Got the bushing in and drive shaft put back in along with a tick speed bleeder.

I now have a super light pedal and the clutch drags as its notchy going into first and reverse as well as not allowing high rpm 1-2 shifts. I tested it by holding the clutch in with the shifter in first and rapping it up where it started rolling at about 4k rpm.

I have bled the system ticks way, jmd's way, and the normal way all with the same results. The pedal feels soft, drags, and seems to fully engage 1/2" off the floor.

The only change to the hydraulics/ clutch was the speed bleeder. The clutch is a monster lvl 3 with the slave and adjustable stock style master that came in the kit. I have had 0 issues with this setup until now so my questions are did I not get the speed bleeder quite tight enough on the slave or is the stock style master not strong enough to push the fluid with the added length of the speed bleeder.

I will also be calling tick in the morning because I need this car ready in a week and a half for a big car show/ drag event close by.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Bump. Still need ideas
Old 07-06-2011, 02:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me a call and we'll go over a few things. Chris, 817-750-2000
Old 07-06-2011, 11:09 PM
On The Tree

bump. any gurus on? Called snl and tick today and got answering machines.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our techs are tough to get ahold of this time of year because they stay so busy actually wrenching here in the shop. Try email: http://www.tick-performance.com/tech/
Old 07-08-2011, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

It's ok I understand everyone's busy. I talked to SNL today and they thought the same thing i did that it wasn't tight enough on the crush washer. Well in a way this was right. I dropped the tranny tonight and tightened everything put it back together and bled it and the pedal stiffness felt 10x better. After starting the car and pushing in the clutch it was kinda soft and was back to engaging off the floor about 1/2" so I'm going to guess its the seals inside the master that are going. Should see an order from me soon for the tick master and hope to god it fixes the problems so i don't have to drop the tranny yet again.