Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

drill mod? beating a dead horse

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drill mod? beating a dead horse

The write up on install U shows them removing a O ring from the master cylinder and installing it in the new unit. But when they are putting the braided line back in they have a O ring on the end of the fitting. Mine did not have this on the fitting. and I feel like if I put one on there it will not seal properly O ring pushing to another O ring. I did not swap the master cylinder out though.. gonna be using the stocker...
2002 pontiac T/a

Next....
I did not remove the master cylinder/ booster. many of you are saying BS. But heres how I did it.. I was recently doing a head cam swap... but I could've done it with all that still on there. has anybody else done it this way.
I took a short key allen wrench and channel locks, put the small allen key over the roll pin and positioned the channel lock at the right place and simply pushed the pin out. Yes it took sometime to get it just right. Knees on the radiator support, side of face on weather seal of cowl keeping me balanced and both hands working the tools. it took 30 minutes tops.. and only 5 to put back in...

I can provide pics if you guys need to see how I did this..