General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wiring problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wiring problem

I am coming to an end of my swap after 2 months just running into so electrical problems. To start off with i have went over all the grounds and sanded and made sure they were good.

1. I put the key in the ignition and turn the radio on, it works. Take the keys out of the ignition and the radio stays, close the doors still stays on. So whats up the radio should trun off after the key is out the ignition right?

2. Power the car on and try to roll up the windows and lock the doors and nothing. Press the lock bottom on the key fob and it locks and the locking bezel moves to the lock position and when i unlock it,it moves to the unlock position. So why will nothing work on the door bezel? I know they worked when i pulled them from my car.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The radio turns off once the key is turned off or removed and the door is opened. If not, you probably have a door switch going bad or a related wiring issue. Not the button to lock the doors, but the actual actuator assembly that engages the striker. Pretty simple to remove. Just get the window up and remove the door panel its right there.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Launching!

I am having this problem to, my battery actually died cause I didnt notice it at first. I resoldered the T on the BCM this seemed to fix it but for only about two weeks. Its got to be a problem with the BCM or door sensor, cause I also do not have interior lights when I open the door. I have an Alpine IVA-W505 installed also, been working fine for two years tho...
Old 09-10-2011, 06:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

I figured out what my problem was, when we did the swap I forgot to bolt down one of the grounds under the dash on the driveside , once I got it bolted.done everything works perfectly.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Courious,

Where exactly on the drivers side was the ground wire?
I'm having a similar problem.
Thx

Quick Reply: Wiring problem