Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 wiring harness

I'm building a mid engine car with a 630hp LS7 mated up to a Ricardo transaxel. I'm just starting the wiring with an LS7 engine harness and Painless wiring for the rest of the car. I want to shorten some of the LS7 harness wires and would like to know who I can contact to find out if this represents a problem(resistance, etc.) Thanks for your help. Al
Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

many of the guys in the conversion section have modified factory harnesses to fit in non-factory applications without issue (did my own, but haven't finished yet, so don't quite count yet). If your solder joints are done correctly, shortening your wires will not have any negative effects
Old 07-08-2011, 08:00 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by thorconstr
I'm building a mid engine car with a 630hp LS7 mated up to a Ricardo transaxel. I'm just starting the wiring with an LS7 engine harness and Painless wiring for the rest of the car. I want to shorten some of the LS7 harness wires and would like to know who I can contact to find out if this represents a problem(resistance, etc.) Thanks for your help. Al

Use Rosin core solder and heat shrinks afterwards and you'll be fine. I've hacked and modded the hell out of quite a few of these harness and never had an issue with one yet. My first LS swap is still running strong on my very first harness too. Year six and about 50k miles now
Old 07-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Teching In

Default Thanks

Thanks for your help guys.

Quick Reply: LS7 wiring harness