Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are all billet servo's created equal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are all billet servo's created equal?

After reading the other post about no 4th gear, it sounds like I'm having the same problem. My first three gears work about the same as usual, although it seems to take a little more RPM in 1st to get it rolling with the 3800 stall.

I'm assuming all billet servo's are NOT equal, but who makes the "best" or strongest 3-4 servo? I'm pretty sure mine gave out on me a couple days ago when I took it out for about the first time this winter. Guess I should have just left it in the garage.

Anyway, who sells the best, and what is the price?
Old 03-01-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey my shifting is crap too after the ss4000 and
SHITTY *** SLP 85MM MAF

im looking for the best billet servo as well.
to the top
approximately, anyway..
Old 03-05-2004, 12:50 AM
TECH Resident

WTF does no one here have a billet servo?

smokinv8,
im gettin the one from 4L60-E.com
ill let you know if it turns out to be a piece of ****.
lates.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:49 AM
10 Second Club

I would stay away from the billet servos. Ive spoken to many tranny rebuilders and most tell me they have sealing problems. I have personally had them in the past and now I am running a stocker in this tranny. The only one recomended by most is the corvette servo. I cant even tel you all the money i spent trying to beef up my trannys and it turns out the ones that lasted the longest was the stock unit that came in my car and this almost stock unit.. I upgraded the sunshell / and added the new Z-pack 3-4 clutches/ kevlar band thats it . I have a few thousand miles and 50+ mid to low 11 sec passes . Dont bother wasting your money but thats justmy opinion
Old 03-08-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by offaxis
I would stay away from the billet servos. Ive spoken to many tranny rebuilders and most tell me they have sealing problems. I have personally had them in the past and now I am running a stocker in this tranny. The only one recomended by most is the corvette servo. I cant even tel you all the money i spent trying to beef up my trannys and it turns out the ones that lasted the longest was the stock unit that came in my car and this almost stock unit.. I upgraded the sunshell / and added the new Z-pack 3-4 clutches/ kevlar band thats it . I have a few thousand miles and 50+ mid to low 11 sec passes . Dont bother wasting your money but thats justmy opinion
well my trans guy said it was a good idea to get one,
so i will go back and ask him what brand.
maybe that makes the difference between a mean 1-2 and sealing problems?
that is the original topic, anyway.

btw, how do you like the Z-pack?
those are the raybestos clutches that are better than the blue plates, right?
Old 03-08-2004, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stone0fFire
well my trans guy said it was a good idea to get one,
so i will go back and ask him what brand.
maybe that makes the difference between a mean 1-2 and sealing problems?
that is the original topic, anyway.

btw, how do you like the Z-pack?
those are the raybestos clutches that are better than the blue plates, right?
Hey

Ive had billet servos in tranny and had some sealing and sticking problems. Plus they can apply too much pressure on the band and punch a hole in it. I spend some time on the tranny boards and 99% of the builders say stay away from them. They do recomend the corvette servo though. Just figured I would mention it. I am runing the stock servo in my car no with 0 issues.

I was one of the first guys around here to install it and it has worked really well for me. I do beat the living **** out of my car ( Drive it like i stole it ). Ive had alot of clutches fail on me also.I apply every bit of my hp as often as possible. The z-pak seems to have no problem holding my 431rwhp . I have no problem recomending them to anyone.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by offaxis
Hey

Ive had billet servos in tranny and had some sealing and sticking problems. Plus they can apply too much pressure on the band and punch a hole in it. I spend some time on the tranny boards and 99% of the builders say stay away from them. They do recomend the corvette servo though. Just figured I would mention it. I am runing the stock servo in my car no with 0 issues.

I was one of the first guys around here to install it and it has worked really well for me. I do beat the living **** out of my car ( Drive it like i stole it ). Ive had alot of clutches fail on me also.I apply every bit of my hp as often as possible. The z-pak seems to have no problem holding my 431rwhp . I have no problem recomending them to anyone.
if i get those raybestos black series or pro series or whatever they are bands, then can i run the billet servo?

i should just get the corvette one..
wheres a good place to get one?

btw, i am running the transgo with its three washer setting and running type-f fluid. normally with a normal torque converter it would rattle to bits on the shifts, but because of the 4000 stall, i dont feel it. does this mean that the TC has lowered the line pressure and now i can use things to increase it that would normally blow it up? or does it mean that the line pressure is still high but i just cant feel it, and raising it more could screw things up? i would like to feel that hard shift i used to when i had that 3400 with three washers going on, but not if its going to cause problems.