Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Tuning in HOT Weather?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Dyno Tuning in HOT Weather?

So I am getting my Trans Am tuned today on the dyno. It's hot as ***** today: 90* right now, feels like 98*, going up to 98* and should feel like 105-110* this afternoon. Humidity is currently 55% and estimated to be around the same when I get the tune later tonight (8pm). Is this going to have an adverse effect on my tuning? Will it help the tune? Or will it not really make a difference?
Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up great question

obviously lower intake temps will make for better power. but the only difference will be what your able to printout and carry home with you. all cars benefit from that winter air accept some turbo cars that have to heat wrap. but lets say you get it on a dyno tommorow and you put 375rwhp down in 100 degree weather. well anyone worth his salt will know that if the temps were lower that youd be making more power. It is said that for ever 2 degrees you drop in IAT equals X amount of horsepower. So tuning the car is really just a way to make it more driveable and give it the oppurtinunity to make as much power as it can under the circumstances ......i know my supercharged sts-v makes a considerable amount more in the winter when its 0 outside. the trans am seems to benefit more from moderate fall temps. but yeah....if you make 375 at 100 degrees. hell you might make 400 at like 30 or so. haha. who knows.....im just saying it shouldnt hurt to tune it while its hot...but i can understand wanting to wait until its like 72 degrees so you have a better idea of where you stand on an average day. i am getting tuned this tuesday at henson performance in bessmer alabama. i have 228r @ 114 and Hooker 1 3/4 and a PTC 3200 stall (very underrated and high quality stall) a trans go hd2 shift kit and slp cai and plumbing with a swapped dynomax shotgun muffler and a few other things like gears etc.....expecting 385-400rwhp but whats important is that the car be more efficient in ways we can feel or see. sure there are gains...but also its about creating longevity out of all that dough you spent. just my 0.02$

Quick Reply: Dyno Tuning in HOT Weather?