Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

starter/front 02 sensor harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default starter/front 02 sensor harness

Finally after 6 months I have my motor back in my car. Question I have is how is the wiring harness routed for the start solinoid, and the fron 02 sensor?

Is it tuck on the back side of the block between the header and the block?

there is no way it was routed thur the header

I dont have enough slack in the harness to route in front of the headers and back to the starter.

Question 2 there is a 4 gauge ground wire that routes down with the 4 gauge red poistive wire for the main starter feed where does that ground strap go?

Block, cradle, frame?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-13-2011, 12:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the front 02 sensor runs vertically down the passengerside fender well just under the end of the a/c duct with the 2lines on the end of it run starter solinoid wire with it also wrap with heat tape, close to headers, tie wrap 90degrees to heater hose pipe to keep away from headers. route battery red along front of passengerside of block down low with black battery ground bolt to any large bolt on block . i got rid of my a/c so i had plenty of room for routing battery cables from front and used on of the holes for the compressor with a short bolt for ground. dont use too long of abolt for fear of pokeing ahole thru the block with bolt i.e. water jacket etc.. good luck hope this helps.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you very much, that is where I have the harness laying, I will get some heat tape to cover up those wires in the loom.

I figured the ground was to the block only thing Really logical. Thanks for your help. I wil get the rest of it wired up