PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crank and MAF codes related? TSP 100MM MAF causing it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Crank and MAF codes related? TSP 100MM MAF causing it?

Long story short, having issues with a TSP 100MM maf. Car was dyno tuned at a reputable LS1 shop, and the tuner even spent more time afterwards to check out my MAF issues.
It basically keeps throwing code P102 for the mass air flow circuit, but ALSO P0335 ckp sensor 'A' circuit, which is for the crank.
I was told the crank code might be getting thrown because of the MAF issues.
Main problems is that after the SES lights up, the car starts driving like crap, and keeps stalling out on me. Thats when it goes into SD mode.
I had the MAF sensor so it was at the 3 o clock position before.I tried re clocking it to the 11 o clock position but it seemed to make things worse, it kept stalling even at idle. I got that suggestion from someone on here and it worked for him, but it made things worse for me..

So my main question is can the two codes be related?

I have ordered a "honeycomb" air straightener to install into the MAF to see if that helps at all.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too bad the clocking did not work for you, i did for me, if it worked worst for you i does prouve that the air flow in maf is not constant around the maf sensor, hope you find a solution, good luck.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea it was terrible after the clocking. Maybe because the tuner had it fine tuned while the sensor was at the 3 o clock position.
I put it back to the 3 o clock the next day and I can actually drive car now..But the SES code is still there, and it does stall on me a couple of times.

So no one knows if the two codes are related?