Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2004 C5 Z06 Magazine Car 900+hp Crank 427 YSI

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2004 C5 Z06 Magazine Car 900+hp Crank 427 YSI

Year: 2003
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Corvette
Price: $29775
Mileage: 26500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

2003 C5 Z06 26k original miles. Clean Carfax and title in my name. Torch Red Exterior/Black Interior 427 7.0 liter with a Vortech YSI.

I purchased this car back in April from Andy @ A&A corvette's see original ad at the bottom of post. The car runs and drives great currently making around 740 rwhp without the meth.

The car is currently at CMS having a new belt installed. While I had it there we checked the tune and through on some new 80lbs injectors. The car has an older return style fuel system and anything above 740 rwhp the car starts to run out of fuel. We converted it to 2bar speed density with the IAT sensor mounted in intake. It was recommended by Ryne at CMS to be in the mid 800's RWHP to change out the fuel system to a duel intake setup.

My wife recently picked up a new job in Orange County and we will be moving to house about 1/2 the size and way more money then we pay now so I regret I must sell this amazing machine. I have put only about 600 miles on the car since I purchased it April due to the fact that my job has become quite demanding.

This car would be well over $65,000 to reproduce and is one of the best deals for a built C5 I have seen on the forum

Engine
C5R 7.0 427
Callies Crank
Eagle Rods
Diamond Pistons -20cc
9.5:1 compression ratio
230/240 -115 cam
Edelbrock ported 245 heads
Dewits larger radiator

Blower
Vortech YSI with 8 rib setup which includes A&A new intercooler style setup

Exhaust
American Racing Headers with high flow cats
Stock Z06 exhaust

Suspension
All Stock Z06

Drivetrain
Andy told me he thinks it's stock but he is not 100% sure.
Car is tubbed with 335's in the rear on 18x13 C6 5 spoke wheels

Con's
Fuel system upgrade to get to 1000+ crank power. Ryne @ CMS can assit but that would be at your expense right now I don't have the time or the money to do the upgrade

Custom Ghost flame paint job with stars. My intent was to have the car painted but honestly it would be a shame to paint over this $15,000 custom. It was not my taste and that is why I intended to paint it. There is a crack in the hood as mentioned where the it was shut to hard and it hit the blower. If you intend to repaint I have an extra hood in great condition I will include!

Small nick in windshield above hud

Tires
Front tires on BFG's and in good shape. I removed the 345 DR's but still have them and will include them and put some 335 Toyo RA1's on that will need replacing soon althought the car feels great with them.

I will have some other pictures when I have a chance to go pick up the car at CMS but they may take me a week or two. Again Andy @ A&A built this car from the ground up I have included his original ad.

As mentioned the car runs and drives great if you want the most possible power you need to change the fuel system to a duel intake setup.

If interested please PM me your number and I will go over everything with you in regards to the car that I know about. $29,775

Article about the car in Vette Magazine
http://www.vetteweb.com/events/vemp_...et_vettes.html

Car featured in Vette Magazine 2005

Quick Reply: 2004 C5 Z06 Magazine Car 900+hp Crank 427 YSI