Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which F-body is for me

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which F-body is for me

Im new to F-Bodies, ive done a little bit of research. but i need some more before i go and drop some cash on a car. Im looking for a ls1 f body 6spd. I will add basic mods for now, intake,exhaust,headers,suspension. Which year and model is the best to get for performance and whats good overall..I know that the 2001 and up had a 5hp increase..Another question i have is the ss and ws6 verus z28 and forumlas..is the horsepower difference the intake system and exhaust or is it something else..im converting from a Sr20det powered 240sx to a F-body, cuz i know they have plenty of power and it doesnt take much to make them go faster..
Old 03-01-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are all basiclly the same. SS or WS6 is just extra money for all the hoods, wings, etc. Any additional power increases you get from the SS or WS6 (exhaust, or whatever) will more than likely be changed out for an aftermarket unit that will add more power. Just go with one that looks nice and with in your price range and save any extra money for mods.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:29 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would advise you to get an '01 and not an SS or WS6.

Optimizing your bang for the buck that is. Felton explained it well.

'01 will generally be cheaper than an '02 and already has the better intake and exhaust manifolds/cat setup, no EGR, etc.

I would also look for a low-option vehicle. I'm partial to "strippers" , hehe, and it looks like you are wanting to maximize the immediate performance. Probably a lower price up front and is a lighter vehicle for a little better performance.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

can't go wrong with the slick body lines of a T/A