General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

Looking forward to the start of my LS build and would like to get some suggestions on what works for other people. Heres what Im starting with:
I have a 2005 LQ4 Block with 317 Heads..

Pretty bland I know, but I plan on replacing everything but those two. I was given the long block by a guy who took it out of a Tige Ski Boat that somehow managed to try and compress a little bit of water. This broke the piston, one valve, bent the connecting rod (and Im assuming make the crankshaft unuseable) To the best of my knowledge, the block and head are salvageable although this has yet to be confirmed by the machine shop.

So heres my question, given the block and heads that I have, what would YOU do? Keep in mind that this will be strickly a street car (71 Camaro) so it will run on pump gas. Im all for a turbo (I was given the factory truck manifolds that came on his replacement motor), Im not scared of nitrous if its a small shot and Im totally for a stroker since my stock rotating assembly is possibly shot.

If you were in my situation, how would you approach the build?

Thanks ahead for any suggestions, if something similar has worked for you dont be scared to throw it on here.