PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boosted Ls1 240sx (Not starting)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boosted Ls1 240sx (Not starting)

Hi guys, Trying to get this ls1 started, In the scanner under as far as codes go it gets crankshaft re-learn, now Ive seached and searched and found that its in bi-di controls but hw do you get to those settings, here's my setup:

-ls1 shortblock (camaro)
- 317 heads w/ comp 918's
- MLS and arp head studs
- aftermarket fuel rails
- 120lbs injectors (lucas)
- aem injector driver
- 76mm turbo
- tial mvs
- ati dampner pulley
- 2004 GTO 5.7l pcm
- ls1 corvette harnes pinned to gto.
- camaro TB
- th350 Built by JW.

The car cranks but no turn on, Im by myself so I cant check for spark, fuels there but dont know if injectors are firing.

Heres my tune I have hp tuners pro w/ mpvi controller and 3bar map sensor.

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Also I have found my flow rate calculator, so I still havent put that in yet.
Attached Files
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
First tune.hpt (506.3 KB, 216 views)
File Type: hpt
First tune w. 3 bar sd.hpt (506.3 KB, 77 views)
Old 07-25-2011, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can't do a re-learn without a BCM, and I have never seen one in a swap. At any rate, it has no bearing on whether or not a car will start.

Unless that's an e85 car, that seems like about 2x the needed fuel injector. That combined with a 3bar MAP with no bottom end resolution.... well, good luck with the whole clean idle thing.

Don't spend too much time cranking on this thing in a no-start condition with those monster injectors, you will wash those cylinders out.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Frost
You can't do a re-learn without a BCM, and I have never seen one in a swap. At any rate, it has no bearing on whether or not a car will start.

Unless that's an e85 car, that seems like about 2x the needed fuel injector. That combined with a 3bar MAP with no bottom end resolution.... well, good luck with the whole clean idle thing.

Don't spend too much time cranking on this thing in a no-start condition with those monster injectors, you will wash those cylinders out.

How do You do a re-learn thou? Wheres the bi-di controls? I also got another problem the scanner stop connecting the car, keeps saying unable to locate the vcm. I checked all fuses and wires and everythings fine it was connecting fine yesterday... can the scanner stop me from tuning the car? this ***** really starting to ....
Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have VATS disabled? or a VATS bypass installed? Start with the simple/obvious things that can keep a car from starting. I'm in Baltimore also, if you need some help checking over things I may be able to help you. I just helped another member complete his RX7 LS1 swap where I wired it completely from scratch. PM me if you want some local help.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"Im by myself so I cant check for spark, fuels there but dont know if injectors are firing."
Spend a few minutes to wire in a push button switch to the starter. It's a handy tool for exactly what U R looking to do....
I get them @NAPA, with a water proof cover..Not much $$.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02NavyBlueZ
Do you have VATS disabled? or a VATS bypass installed? Start with the simple/obvious things that can keep a car from starting. I'm in Baltimore also, if you need some help checking over things I may be able to help you. I just helped another member complete his RX7 LS1 swap where I wired it completely from scratch. PM me if you want some local help.

I bought the pcm with the vats disabled. PM'ed you
Old 07-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
"Im by myself so I cant check for spark, fuels there but dont know if injectors are firing."
Spend a few minutes to wire in a push button switch to the starter. It's a handy tool for exactly what U R looking to do....
I get them @NAPA, with a water proof cover..Not much $$.
Just checked and found a blown fuse for my coils relay, changed it out and still no spark, also checked injectors and no fuel.