Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Are adjustable upper control arms worth it for lowered car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 07:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Are adjustable upper control arms worth it for lowered car?

Car is lowered quite some and I need to get rid of the camber in front. Any thoughts on adjustable uppers? which ones work or dont for lowered cars? Will my alignment guy be able to adjust them without having to jack the car up etc?
Old 07-26-2011, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The adjustable upper front A-Arms are going to allow you to achieve more or less camber out of the front of the car, caster can be adjusted a little as well.

On the F-Body car the alignment is changed using the slots in the K-member by pulling the lower A-arm in or out. If you haven't already had the vehicle aligned try that first, they may be able to get the vehicle in spec with out aftermarket suspension items. If you can get -1/2 degree of camber you are doing great.

Although the upper front A-Arms work great by allowing more adjustment they are time consuming to set up and it will take the right alignment show to work them.

I hope this helps you some,
Ryan
Old 07-26-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you could just elongate the holes with a dremel by about 1/4 inch and save your money.That's what I did.Just make sure to do slots for the camber and caster.top and bottom
Old 07-26-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you'll only really need to worry about adjustable uppers if you run out of play and can't get properly aligned, and even then a dremel works to elongate holes.

Quick Reply: Are adjustable upper control arms worth it for lowered car?