Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless Works?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 07:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool Stainless Works?

Just wondering if anyone has the stainless works full length headers? Only $500. They had them on Hot Rod TV once awhile back. How do they compare to Kooks-QTP's? Just wondering, need LT's and these are cheaper than QTP's. They are also making a Y pipe.

http://www.stainlessworks.net/Headers.htm
Old 03-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Launching!

Sorry - $599
Old 03-02-2004, 07:43 AM
11 Second Club

i dont know...but cheaper does not mean better...

i would stick to the QTPs!..they are the best header out there.... and they are an awesome company to deal with .... i cant wait for mine to go in
Old 03-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Launching!

Definetely like the QTP's !!
Old 03-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Sponsor

Hi Guys

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this post-it is hard for me to keep up with the boards as we go into the busy season.

Stainless Works manufactures in house CNC mandrel bent exhaust, headers, and other performance products. Our LS1 F-Body header fits very nicely with excellent ground clearance (We protoyped the set on an ls1tech user-viper-and his car is lowered with eibach springs-he has never drug the headers). On a stock 2002 SS, we picked up over 25 HP compared to manifolds with no tuning.

Our headers are CNC Mandrel Bent, 3/8" thick laser cut flanges, and a slip joint 2 1/2" y pipe. We offer the bare headers for 699 with the collectors sized to whatever size you request, or for 899 with an off road y pipe. if you need cats we now have these headers available with a 2 1/2" y pipe and random tech high flow cats-with the high flow cats they are 1299. Our y pipe has a bracket to re-use the factory rear mount so the y pipe does not bang on the floor and rattle. We back all of our products with a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. We build private label products for Mallet, Wheel to Wheel, Quarter Mile Performance, etc.

Sam Strano is running a group purchase on these now-www.stranoparts.com.

We also offer a 3 1/2" and 3" single exhaust and a 3" chambered exhaust that does not drone or resonate in the car. If you want to keep your manifolds we also sell a high flow y pipe that will replace the crimped, flat spotted factory piece.

Check with other people on the board-people who give us an opportunity like our products.

Thanks
Al Noe
Stainless Works
www.stainlessworks.net
Old 03-04-2004, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Thanks for reply, sounds nice, I like the lifetime warranty deal, to bad I'm broke!
Old 03-04-2004, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

They are much better than the FLP's I had on the car for clearance - see my sig for pictures too. I'm running 3-1/2" exhaust on it, over the axle. Flows REAL well!