Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Trunk/Hatch Motor Stuck down

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk/Hatch Motor Stuck down

i finally got the trunk to close, now the motor seems to be in the stuck down position no matter what i do or how many times i push the button to release it... i can shut my hatch(thank god), but it seems that the motor doesnt wanna suck it down or.. is already down and wont come up to begin the pull down, i remember this happened on my 89 one time and i pushed it with a screw driver and it reset itself. however on this 2001 i now own, i cant seem to figure out how to get it back into the raised position so that when i click the latch it will suck it down, once i get this done i dont plan on ever opening that thing again LOL....any help greatly appreciated.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:48 PM

bumpity bump,....i know someone has to know how to fix this on here! help a brother out lol
Old 08-02-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

You do know the 01 just has a release latch. It doesn't lift the hatch at all or suck it back down. You have to slam it shut, and then lift it open. If you are hitting the button and you can hear it click but can't open the hatch, you need to add a spring to the latch so it stays open.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will it open if you manually hold the latch open with the door key?

Quick Reply: Trunk/Hatch Motor Stuck down