Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LT1 Camaro Intercooler help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Question LT1 Camaro Intercooler help.

The intercooler that came with my procharger kit is causing some problems for me. Because of its size, the bumper support cannot go back on and i don't want to drive around without that metal bumber support or the windshield wiper fluid container. Could soemeone please give me directions as to how i can solve this problem? Instructions or pictures of how others have theirs setup will be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think for FMIC's the only option is to not use the bumper support, or get one of those burkhart (sp?) front bars.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:35 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Cut it.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i built this set up for a lt1 with a f1a on it..i made a bumber support from 1 1/2 inch tube and had some plates cut out to mount it in the factory bumber mounts.. this intercooler flows enough for 1300 hp where those ebay ones every one uses is only good for around 600hp.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:26 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigBadWhitey
I think for FMIC's the only option is to not use the bumper support, or get one of those burkhart (sp?) front bars.
I did consider the option of not using the bumper support at all. However, i was concerned with two things:

1. If there was no support, then the front end will be considerably pushed in, in the event of a fender bender.
2. The bumper might flap around or even fly off at high speeds.

I did look into the Burkhart bumper support but there is a disclaimer on the site that its for off road use only and so i wasn't sure how effective it would be on the street. I dont want to shell out over $300 for a product that wouldn't serve its purpose in the event of an accident.

Thanks for the input, i appreciate it

Originally Posted by SRZ
Cut it.
I am actually considering cutting the support to fit but I’m only concerned with the structural integrity that will be compromised by cutting it up. I also looked at the option getting a used original 2 core procharger intercooler that mounted somewhat closer to bottom of the front end but in a slanted position. However, with my front end being low, i might have ground clearance issues.

Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by dusta340

i built this set up for a lt1 with a f1a on it..i made a bumber support from 1 1/2 inch tube and had some plates cut out to mount it in the factory bumber mounts.. this intercooler flows enough for 1300 hp where those ebay ones every one uses is only good for around 600hp.
I could just mount it without the support for now and later find a fabricator locally who can fab a support for me. BTW, what brand intercooler is that? I love the look.

Thanks very much.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

treadstone intercooler
Old 07-30-2011, 08:17 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by dusta340
treadstone intercooler
I couldn't find anything on their site so i sent them a message on facebook. Thanks.

Quick Reply: LT1 Camaro Intercooler help.