Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters are on their way ... read the install tips, but one more thing

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetters are on their way ... read the install tips, but one more thing

I've heard about the emissions AIR and EGR connections kinda being shitty on the flowtechs are pacesetters about the same? I didn't order those air restrictor plate things seperately, do they come with the headers?

and i need opinions, custom y pipe to a hooker catback...(this wouldn't cost me anything cause i have the piping for the y pipe and i already have the catback), or should i go a custom x pipe under the axle with mufflers out the back? im afraid of ground clearance issues but id like opinions

I will not be able to get a tune for atleast a little while. Im waiting to see if the mod bug gets bad again and i pick up some more parts before i go ahead and drop the cash on a tune. am i gonna run too rich? I seem to run ever so slightly rich right now which could easily be fixed.
Thanx fellas
Travis
Old 03-02-2004, 07:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AIR and EGR fittings are nothing to write home about... but with the bolts and washers supplied, you'll be able to use block-off plates, no problem. You have to order the AIR and EGR block off plates separately though, because they do not come with them... also remember to get new gaskets for those AIR and EGR fittings too.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh im not blockign them off, I spoke with a few police officers about the long tube install and it seems as long as i have all my emissions equipment used, even if its loud as hell they wont bother me. I wasn't completely sure if i needed some kind of small plate inbetween the two fittings for air flow i was getting information about this that contradicted itself. I already picked up all my new gaskets today and i had to take a bunch of stuff off the car (hood, fender front bumper cover) to get things painted (had an accident a while ago and im fixing it now), so im taking off my spark plugs and all of my exhaust tomorrow to get ready for the pace setter install ahead of time. I just wanna make sure i have everything i need to make this go as smoothly as possible.
thanks for the input
T
Old 03-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a link for the restrictors you are talking about

http://riptide63.homestead.com/restrictor.html
Old 03-02-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

bingo you are the man thanks. so i can make these myself? or should i just purchase them? thanx
Travis
Old 03-08-2004, 06:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i made mine myself costed me about 4 bucks for some sheet metal...needed some tin snips and a drill...also a grinder comes in handy to make em pretty
Old 03-08-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

foff667, because of you i ditched my installation pages they gave me with the headers and printed out your install, very very helpful. 3 hours for removing stock crap plus the cutting and grinding and getting the headers to fit flawlessly not touching anything, it took me 30 minutes to cut up the y pipe and get it welded in so it wasn't hitting anything and another 15 minutes of playing with it to put hangers on, i just wanted to say THANKS for the write up!

im gonna try to make my own and install them after teh catback is on, i think ill do those air restrictor plates this weekend.

been runing the headers through my 2.5 inch y pipe with hi-flow cats and a dump at the end of it and it sounds really tight. but the hooker catback is my next job i gotta do, i gotta get a new 3 inch i pipe for it though. hopefully that iwll go smoothly and should only take me an hour or so. just if time permits me to finish it up tomorrow.

what rwhp should i be looking to achieve untuned? im getting tuned in 4 weeks but i wanna know what rwhp i should be looking for untuned. i made 303 rwhp bone stock when i purchased the car and 313 with just the catback and lid. this is a 98 with the mods i've listed below...can anyone give me a ball park range?
T

ps foff thanks agian for the awsome write up and pics. made this **** easy. im waiting to help a buddy install some headers now