Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1999 Firebird 6speed LS1

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post 1999 Firebird 6speed LS1

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $7800
Mileage: 86500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IA
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Last thing I want to do is sell this car.
I love it to death and it's tons of fun and I pretty much just finished it.
However I payed my tuition on tuesday and bought books and it ended up being way more expensive than I planned on. I still am going to owe more after the semester starts, and I am pretty much broke. Not some BS reason either.

The car:
1999 Firebird
LS1 / T56
86k miles on the entire drive train.
Runs great and drives great. Very reliable, still pulls 28mpg on the highway like a champ.

The only bad thing about the car, is that it was originally a v6 car. I understand that detracts from the value of the car, and I've tried to price it accordingly.. I can't afford to take much less as my asking price isn't far off what I payed for the thing back in March when it was a bone stock LS1.
The swap itself is damn near flawless, you'd have a hard time knowing.

I've put a ton of money into it.
It has full black leather interior, power options, a/c, great tires, keyless entry, cd player, t-tops.

When I bought the car in March it was a bone stock LS1.

In May I did a mild build. I didn't build the car to be fast, I just wanted a fun cruiser that would get a bit more attention than a stock car. I went from my 11 second DSM to this, I just wanted a reliable fun great looking car to DD.

Mods Include:
SLP Lid
SLP Catback
Pacesetter Y-Pipe
Pacesetter LongTube Headers
Manley Chromely Pushrods
Isky Racing Custom Grind Cam: 236/240 "598, 606" 110lsa
Isky Racing Cam-Specific Springs
LS6 Intake
Pro 50 shifter
Drilled & Slotted Rotors
!EGR Delete
!AIR Delete
Cobra Big Brakes
MSD Wires
TR-55 Plugs

The car was tuned @ Speed Inc. It put down 384whp. Was 110 degrees in the shop, and I had to rush the car there and it wasnt completely finished when i took it there for the tune as it was only 3 days after the first drive Therefore there is still potential left in the tune portion.

It's a very solid cam only setup.
The only thing the car truly needs is gears, it has stock gears in it that are truly holding back the car. Some gears would truly wake it up and more than likely put the car into the 11's if you could hook. I'm not very interested in going super fast so gears were on the backburner for me, the car still runs and drives fine with the current gears. I did a very very light run at the track in it when I went with friends and it went 12.9@112mph with a 2.4 60 ft, I babied the hell out of it haha.

The car is my daily driver.
Just last week it got a brand new rack and pinion in, brand new oil pan gasket, fresh oil change, and I just had it aligned tuesday.

I drive this thing every day and am not one bit worried to take it anywhere.
It doesn't leak a drop of anything. It had a VERY slow oil leak, and I'm very **** about that stuff, which is why it got the new oil pan gasket. It also had a power steering leak and that was the rack and pinion which is also now brand new.

When the cam was done the heads were off and checked and brand new GM MLS headgaskets installed, timing chain, many other brand new seals/gaskets.

As I mentioned earlier, the main bad thing about the car is that it was originally a v6. The swap is near flawless and to me it has been no big deal because I had no intention of selling it. Personally I like it, because I only pay $32 a month for insurance on it Car was also repainted during swap.
If you want more info on the swap I can tell you what I know about it.

In the end, this is still a 6speed LS1 that is modded well and runs great and is ready to drive anywhere. It's in better shape than a ton of others in the price range.

The engine runs great, transmission shifts like butter. I've seriously never found a smoother shifting T56. Body is in great shape overall, a few paint chips/scratches I've tried to keep touched up as best as I can.
Either way the car is a real looker and gets a TON of attention.

I have a binder full of all the receipts since I got the car which accounts for most all of the modifications/maintenance I've done on it.

The car has maybe 2000 miles on it since the cam swap. I've only driven it to work and back, and the 8 hours driving to Chicago and back when I had it tuned at Speed Inc.

As I said, I love this car to death and its so hard for me to post it for sale. I've usually been bad about keeping interested in my cars but this one I still love and have a blast driving it but I have to keep my priorities straight..

I would be interested in trades that involve a daily driver/cash. Either way I absolutely must have cash in the end.
Ideal daily driver would be maybe another 4th gen + cash, like an LT1 6speed car, or a 3rd gen in decent shape. GTP / Regal GS + cash would be nice too. Others: 5spd S10 / Sonoma, 5speed Civics.
Just remember I need cash on top, so dont ask me to trade straight up if you have, lets say a 04 GTP with lower miles, I'm not saying its not worth it, but if I could do a straight trade i'd keep my car.

No lowballs or BS please.
PM me or post here if interested.

Pictures:

Attached Thumbnails 1999 Firebird 6speed LS1-lolgas.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1999 Firebird 6speed LS1