PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what sensors are required to run motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what sensors are required to run motor?

im in the process of wiring up my motor, '02 5.3 running a SD tune... ive got all the sensors plugged in and wires ran where i want them, i have a bunch of stuff left over from the harness. so far i have injectors, MAP, IAC, ECT, TPS, Crank and cam position sensors, knock sensors, oil pressure sending unit and coils all plugged in but there are a bunch of wires from the harness left over, am i forgetting something? i have to supply switched fused power to the coils and injectors ground the coils, does anything else need to have power?
Old 08-04-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FakeSnake
im in the process of wiring up my motor, '02 5.3 running a SD tune... ive got all the sensors plugged in and wires ran where i want them, i have a bunch of stuff left over from the harness. so far i have injectors, MAP, IAC, ECT, TPS, Crank and cam position sensors, knock sensors, oil pressure sending unit and coils all plugged in but there are a bunch of wires from the harness left over, am i forgetting something? i have to supply switched fused power to the coils and injectors ground the coils, does anything else need to have power?
You need to find some schematics, as there are several power wires and more than one ground wire that will have to be connected.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FakeSnake
O2's, A/c compressor, a/c pressure switch, trans, stuff on the passenger side finder well, and the connection under thepassenger side dash

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
You need to find some schematics, as there are several power wires and more than one ground wire that will have to be connected.
There are 3 ground straps built into you harness that bolt onto the back of the driver side harness.