General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

ls with a tko 600 VSS help

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls with a tko 600 VSS help

Hey guys I was going to have my VSS turned off in the tune and avoid trying to figure this thing out. Does anyone know how I would hook up the VSS I'm running a 2000 Camaro ecm a dakota digital dash and a tko 600 5 spd trans, I talked to dakota and they said I can hook up to the 2k out port and switch it to a 4kppm I did and I still don't see my speedo moving with in my data file on my laptop while hooked to the OBDII plug.

I would like to figure this out before I go back for my street tune. I tried hooking the 4kppm wire to the hi on the ecm, I also tried hooking it to hi while grounding the low still no reading on my laptop. I also tried running it from the 4kppm output to the ecm still nothing.

The problem I'm trying to solve with this hook up is the idle drops real low when I push the clutch in. I was told this is do to the ecm not knowing weather I'm moving or not. I was also told you will get a better tune with it working...
Old 08-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I got it working now I can go get my street tune....

I will explain what I did so if someone els is searching this it will be spelled out in plain simple easy to read english.

On my TKO 600 trans I'm running one wire the the trans sensor to ground and the other wire to the Speed input on my Digital dash. I then jump off that speed input from the dash and run it to the VSS HI wire on the ecm I did not hook the VSS lo or the VSS out off the ecm to anything.

I jumped in the car with the laptop and drove around it looks like the speed on the lap top is off a few MPH but the tuner can adjust that.

Quick Reply: ls with a tko 600 VSS help