Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

02 TA, 9" rear E-Brake line placement?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 02 TA, 9" rear E-Brake line placement?

Just put a new 9" racing rear in my car and was wondering how you guys secured the Emergency brake lines on the rear? If you have pics and can post that would be great!

Thanks
Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I'm not sure what rear end you have but ours comes with a bracket off the LCA bracket that holds it in place. I have these brackets in raw form that you could possibly weld on if that would help. I do not have pricing for them but could figure something out.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
I'm not sure what rear end you have but ours comes with a bracket off the LCA bracket that holds it in place. I have these brackets in raw form that you could possibly weld on if that would help. I do not have pricing for them but could figure something out.
Jason, I'm pretty sure he is asking how to secure the e-brake cables in the way the stock rear end does, like the little "loops" that bolt to the deferential cover. I ended up zip-tieing my e-brake cable to the watts link mount in order to prevent my exhaust from touching the e-brake cable.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ypu thats exactly what Im saying TransamWS6, should I just zip tie them to the rear?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Patsy57
ypu thats exactly what Im saying TransamWS6, should I just zip tie them to the rear?
It seems to be about the only option, I just used high quality thick zip ties. If someone has a better idea please let me know! lol
Old 08-09-2011, 12:34 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Patsy57
I thought about that last night when I went home thinking that might of been what you was talking about. I was thinking other wise because I know some rear ends do not come with E-Brake brackets.

My apologizes and can delete my post if you like based off the confusion. But yes it seems the zip tie trick is what many do.

Quick Reply: 02 TA, 9" rear E-Brake line placement?