Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LH8 Oil Pan machined for Bypass Valve

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LH8 Oil Pan machined for Bypass Valve

We are now offering the LH8/Hummer oil pan machined for the bypass valve used on the Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management (Displacement on Demand) engines. The process to make sure that everything is square and properly seals, includes using a CNC to face the surface, drill the hole & cut the threads. Our oil pan kit includes the oil pan, gasket, bolts, windage tray, pickup tube, dipstick & dipstick tube all for $249 plus shipping. The pictures shows the pan with the bypass valve installed, our pan kit does not include the bypass valve (we do sell the bypass valve separately).
Attached Thumbnails LH8 Oil Pan machined for Bypass Valve-img_0121.jpg   LH8 Oil Pan machined for Bypass Valve-img_0122.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Teching In

hey i bought a pair od 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 long tube headers for my s10 a long time ago when yal first started making them needless to say they didnt fit after after no help from customer service i gave up on them i also purchased yals install kit at the time whats the status of the headers now has any improvements been made for better fitment
Old 08-24-2011, 08:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fastlsxS10
hey i bought a pair od 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8 long tube headers for my s10 a long time ago when yal first started making them needless to say they didnt fit after after no help from customer service i gave up on them i also purchased yals install kit at the time whats the status of the headers now has any improvements been made for better fitment
Sorry for the problems you've had with it! I can't defend what happened before I came to work here, but I will do my best to help you out and make sure that whatever you buy fits correctly. As for S-10 headers we started with the 2nd gen S-10 by building IN-frame 1 3/4" long tube headers. For the square body S-10's we built a set of in-frame headers, we are currently waitign on Hedman to start production on them. Becasue of how tight the floor/tunnel area is on the square S-10 there will be some areas that need to moved to gain enough clearance, we did this with a pry bar and block of wood.
Jeff
Old 10-20-2017, 01:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
We are now offering the LH8/Hummer oil pan machined for the bypass valve used on the Variable Valve Timing and Active Fuel Management (Displacement on Demand) engines. The process to make sure that everything is square and properly seals, includes using a CNC to face the surface, drill the hole & cut the threads. Our oil pan kit includes the oil pan, gasket, bolts, windage tray, pickup tube, dipstick & dipstick tube all for $249 plus shipping. The pictures shows the pan with the bypass valve installed, our pan kit does not include the bypass valve (we do sell the bypass valve separately).
Isn't the 2010-2012 factory LH9 pan the exact same pan as the LH8, but with VVT, and factory oil relief? application 2010-12 Colorado, Canyon, H3.

I cant tell them apart 2008-2009, and 2010-2012 minus the built in relief added to the oil pan, on the later casting.

What's the reason for the relief anyway? Higher volume pump for VVT or AFM, and so it as a relief when not in that mode? I plan on deleting the VVT on my motor, I don't no weather to plug the relief, and run a standard oil pump?

Quick Reply: LH8 Oil Pan machined for Bypass Valve