Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker LT's w/Cats or Off Road Pipes? Opinions please..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hooker LT's w/Cats or Off Road Pipes? Opinions please..

Im stuck between the SLP LT's & Hooker LT's.. Most likely gonna go with the hooker headers.. any opinions?

Also, i cant decide if i wanna go with the y-pipe w/ NO Cats or high flow cats. Is there any difference in performance between the two? Im not really concerned about emitions.. i can have someone pass me. By the way i got the LM exhaust on the car right now.. i know its gonna be killer loud WITHOUT the cats on there but will it sound good??

Opinions? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2004, 07:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SLPCAMAROSS
Im stuck between the SLP LT's & Hooker LT's.. Most likely gonna go with the hooker headers.. any opinions?

Also, i cant decide if i wanna go with the y-pipe w/ NO Cats or high flow cats. Is there any difference in performance between the two? Im not really concerned about emitions.. i can have someone pass me. By the way i got the LM exhaust on the car right now.. i know its gonna be killer loud WITHOUT the cats on there but will it sound good??

Opinions? Thanks!
Simple answer

if you wanna make more Horsepower at a cheaper cost, go with the Hooker longtubes, if you dont, then buy the SLP. The answer to your second question, if you want your car to sound badass, then get the offroad pipe, if you want it to sound stock then leave the cats on it.

Old 03-03-2004, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Default :)

thats what i was thinkin.. thanks
Old 03-03-2004, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

I agree with 770boy, go with Hookers or you could even save some money and go with Flowtech. I bought my Flowtech headers for $380 and the are the exact same design and fit as my friends $630 set of Hookers. I can't remember who posted the thread, but they claimed 28.9 HP gain from the Flowtech LT's after tuning, which is about as good as it gets no matter what LT's you buy. As far as the LM and LT's with ORY...you might find it rather annoying if you are a daily driver...and it is LOUD.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:23 AM
TECH Addict

So you're saying the Flowtechs and Hookers are identical? These guys who posted about their Flowtech install sure did a lot of bending and fighting to get them hooked up and I don't recall that ever being an issue with Hooker, but maybe I'm wrong.