Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Got my AFCOs yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 05:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got my AFCOs yesterday

When I install them this week, where should I start the two adjustments at as a baseline?

I do mostly street driving, and I know that these are drag shocks, but I do want some comfort while driving to and from work.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which ones did you get? I was looking at some but they have a lot of choises.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Based on my experience with my strange DA struts/ springs, start with firm on both settings. You can just adjust down from there. It is better to be firm than too soft. LOL (that's what she said)

Also after installing springs onto strut, make sure to use your spanner wrench to compress spring to make ride height tall. It is much easier to drop car down than to compress that spring on the car with spanner wrench.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before installing get accustomed to which adjustment does what as far as extension and compression, also which direction makes it softer or stiffer. Then take all adjustments to full stiff and count clicks to full soft, don't force the adjusters! then go back to full stiff and count clicks to half way. This should provide You with a reasonably good ride on the street. If not You know exactly what **** and which direction You want to go to obtain the ride You desire. Keep left and right shocks set identical to one another on rear axle.
Even though the Afco's are advertised as drag racing shocks they are a very capable road racing and circle track shock as well. They can also be made to ride as nice as You want. If the valving is not capable of producing the ride or performance You want You can contact the seller for a list of shock revalving companies that have the ability and parts to revalve to Your needs.
Hope this helps.
Carl
Old 08-20-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

We run ours usually in the middle to near full soft. Full firm is too much for the street.

Quick Reply: Got my AFCOs yesterday