Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV routing on LM7 in F Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 02:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PCV routing on LM7 in F Body

My LM7 is finally running in my TA, but I am missing everything for the PCV. The LM7 has a port at the rear of the driver side valve cover and only ONE on the passenger side valve cover (at the front). My LS6 intake has the lower opening there but the previous owner of the intake had blocked off the port at the top of the TB (simple plug & brace, can be removed very easily).

What would be the best way to route this PCV? If I get a catch can set up will it come with all the hoses that I need, or am I better off just going to a local parts/hardware store & picking up a couple feet of hose & a PCV valve at autozone to create a PCV set up? Kinda lost at this, so far I found this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/11059703-post70.html which I can probably replicate (the 1st diagram at the top) just not sure what size hoses I would need & where I can get a catch can, like ASAP, as I'm getting the car tuned next Thursday.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

Also, while I'm here. Does anyone know what the vacuum fitting is for that is at the back of the manifold, just under the MAP senor? Opens to the passenger side of the car.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Go to any parts store and get one 90* PCV and 6 feet of 3/8" hose

PCV in in the drivers rear valve cover, hose wraps around the rear of the engine to the port on the front of the intake behind the TB

Pass valve cover front port to the upper port on the TB near your throttle cable

Thats it

Also works using Fbody valve covers by capping the pass rear port. This cuts down on oil consumption because gravity is helping the PCV operation vs strickly pressure/vacuum

To add a catch can, simply lengthen the hoses to the can, same basic routing
Old 08-21-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

Awesome, thanks brotha! Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: PCV routing on LM7 in F Body